Xposure In The Mix: Abba and S Club Seven, Khalid Award, PULSE Music Group and Cordae Joint Venture
This week, the music industry sees a mix of both sorrow and excitement, as the community mourns the passing of two beloved musicians, applauds Khalid's achievements, and embraces new projects and innovations.
- S Club Seven, the popular pop group created by Simon Fuller, has lost member Paul Cattermole. At only 46 years old, Paul's passing has left the band and its fans devastated. The group released a statement expressing their deep sadness and loss, saying, "There are no words to describe the deep sadness and loss we all feel."
- Longtime ABBA guitarist Lasse Wellander has also passed away at the age of 70. The band honored Lasse in a statement, recognizing him as an integral part of the ABBA story.
- In a more uplifting development, YouTube Music has released a re-designed lyrics screen that syncs lyrics with songs in real time. This improvement has been well-received by users, making the app even more enjoyable for music lovers.
- R&B singer Khalid will be honored with the BMI Champion award on May 9th. This prestigious accolade recognizes his exceptional artistry and philanthropic efforts, which have positively impacted countless lives.
- 5 Seconds of Summer, the Australian pop-rock band, has announced a world tour titled "The 5 Seconds of Summer Show." Tickets for the tour will go on sale on Friday, April 14th.
- PULSE Music Group and rapper Cordae are joining forces in a new joint venture. Cordae will run HI-LEVEL Publishing, where he will sign and develop emerging talent.
- SZA has extended her S.O.S. Tour across both North America and Europe, adding 31 new stops to the already successful tour.
- Tencent's QQ Music division is launching a talent competition called "The One," aimed at discovering and elevating talent on a global scale.
- Latin music revenues in the United States have reached a record high, with the industry now valued at $1.1 billion.